
What really gets me is how conditional love is... my love anyway. I knew that the relationship was bad for me and I knew things would never get better. For some reason, though, I held on tight. For this reason, love can be dangerous. He could have said almost anything to me and I still would have loved him. When I was younger I would hear about these cases of domestic violence on the news and in my little head I would think, "Well duh, she should just leave him." I see now that it's not that easy. That scares me.
But in a way I can't wait to fall in love again. If someone could love me the way I love, it would be absolutely incredible. The way I held on to every word he said, would smile so big inside just reading one of his texts, and the way my heart jumped at the sight at him is an inexplicable feeling... and if that was reciprocated it would be amazing.
I guess it all just takes time. Time to heal and time to start anew. I look forward to everything to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment